Next Homework Helpers tutoring sessions scheduled for April 9, 11

Every Tuesday and Thursday, members of  Homework Helpers tutor students at Carmel Elementary School. Club members help elementary school students with basic school subjects and with their homework. The upcoming tutoring sessions will take place on April 9 and 11.

Sponsor Susan Johnson said, “Instead of having a bunch of kids go over on Tuesday, we’re going to have a smaller number of kids go over more often. We’ll have some go over on Tuesday and some go over on Thursday.”

Abinand Rejimon, Co-president of Homework Helpers and senior studies in E117, the classroom of the club's sponsor Susan Johnson. Rejimon runs the club's Facebook page and manages the tutors at Carmel Elementary School. He shares these duties with Co-president and senior Ana Carolina Corey. LIANNE YU / PHOTO
Abinand Rejimon, Co-president of Homework Helpers and senior studies in E117, the classroom of the club’s sponsor Susan Johnson. Rejimon runs the club’s Facebook page and manages the tutors at Carmel Elementary School. He shares these duties with Co-president and senior Ana Carolina Corey. LIANNE YU / PHOTO

According to Co-president and senior Abinand Rejimon, it is too late for students to join Homework Helpers. However, students who are interested in joining can join in 2013-2014 school year.

Rejimon said, “No preparation is required. We are tutoring elementary school children, so the material is not very difficult.”