Telecommunications students to work on final portfolios

According to CHTV sponsor Erin Earnest, all telecommunications students are working on their final portfolios, and advanced telecommunications students are working on the CHS year-end review show, which summarizes the entire school year in an hour and a half video. This show, Earnest said, will air throughout the summer.

“(The final portfolios) are extremely important academically and professionally,” Earnest said. “They are going to provide that professional edge if students want to get an internship or a job. In addition, the CHS year-end review show will air throughout the summer. We will probably give it a time slot like every Friday night or something like that.”

Jimmy Kennedy, advanced telecommunications student and senior, said he is gathering clips to put together for the CHS year-end review show.

Kennedy said, “For the show, I’m going to focus on the sports section since I was the play-by-play announcer for football and basketball. I think (the CHS year-end review show) is a great thing. I don’t know if someone would want it, but I think it gives a lot of closure for some seniors who want to remember their senior year. It’s a good program to give overall summary of what happened.”