Speech Team to meet March 12

While going over the schedule for upcoming meets, freshman Hannah Paul gets ready for the district competition. Team members practiced their presentations at the last meeting. MANAHIL NADEEM / PHOTO

Speech team plans to meet on March 12 in Room E149, according to club sponsor Jacleen Joiner. The team will be competing in the district competition on March 14. The team is expected to demonstrate the highest level of maturity as discussed in the last meeting.

“After seeing how talented this team is, I expect amazing results from them,” Joiner said.

Sophomore Kate Hawkins, like many of the other participants, is preparing vigorously for the upcoming meets.

“I have prepared both at home and at meeting,” Hawkins said.  Hawkins has set out 30 min of her day to prepare for the competition. According to Hawkins practicing for short periods every day is an efficient way to prepare to for meets. To be fully prepared for this meet, Hawkins has practiced by looking up past prompts given and looked up the time requirements for speeches at different schools.

“I enjoy competing because you can see how far you’ve come and see how much hark work really pays off,” she said.