Planetarium Club seeking members

Students in astronomy classes can learn how to operate the Planetarium by joining the club. They also organize and put on public shows.
Students in astronomy classes can learn how to operate the planetarium by joining the club. They also organize and put on public shows. MARY SALZMANN / PHOTO

Keith Turner, Planetarium Club sponsor and science teacher, needs new students to join the club. In need of leaders, he is asking students in his astronomy classes who are interested in learning how to operate the planetarium to join the club. He said, “Once I get those guys and gals up to speed, we can do the callout meeting and then they can help me with the show, because it’s really hard if it’s just me.”

Planetarium Club puts on shows for the public and club members learn to use the equipment in the planetarium. Turner said, “The idea of the club was for students in my first year, 2000-2001, to learn how to operate the planetarium and maybe put on their own show, so I’m looking for students who are interested in doing that.”