Kids Against Hunger continuing service

Kids Against Hunger is a club that helps find ways to stop hunger in America and the rest of the world. The money, food and effort put into this club goes to families that are less fortunate and are in need of food. This club started at the beginning of last year and is currently still in place.

“It gives kids an opportunity to give back to the world, and with how the world is now, it’s really important for students to be able to do that,” Maggie Cassidy, sponsor of Kids Against Hunger and performing arts teacher, said.

This club meets two Mondays a month and once a month has a food packaging event that is hosted by the Red Cross. This event is when students and other volunteers get together and package food to go to those in need. This is the main event for the club and is often students’ favorite part of Kids Against Hunger. Getting out food to the people who need it is the main job for the club Kids Against Hunger.

“It’s a lot of fun, and it feels pretty good to know that we’re helping people who need it,” Emily Lentz, co-president of Kids Against Hunger and senior, said.

Lentz likes being in the club because of all the volunteer hours that it gets, as well as the opportunity to be an active part of the community.

“I sponsor this club, but the people who actually do the most work are the students,” Cassidy said.

Cassidy admits that the work that the students do is fun for them but also a big responsibility. They have to make sure that all of the food and other help for the club is on time before the packaging events.

“We have to make sure that the club is running smoothly and that the food is on time; it’s a good feeling to help, but its not always easy,” Lentz said.

Although the work the club does is not always easy, everyone is welcome to join, grades. There are currently about 15 members in the club, and they are always looking for more members.

“You know you’re truly doing something to help someone else, and that should be a good motivation for joining,” Cassidy said. By Hannah Khan <[email protected]>