With regular season ending soon, JV men’s basketball faces Hamilton SE on Feb. 8

Luke Heady, men's basketball player and senior, looks to pass to a teammate. The basketball team prepares to play Hamilton Southeastern High School on Feb.8 at CHS.

Agrayan Gupta

With few games remaining in their regular season, the junior varsity men’s basketball team will continue their schedule by playing Hamilton Southeastern High School at 6 p.m. at CHS on Feb. 8. With a week’s rest since their last game, which was against Lawrence North High School, the players should be fresh and well-rested for Hamilton SE.

Head Coach Ryan Osborn, who has been Head Coach for two years, said the team looks to finish the regular season strong. Osborn said, “It has been a long year and the players are showing some fatigue, but they do a good job of helping each other stay motivated and that has helped us succeed.”

Bryce Beery, JV men’s basketball player and sophomore, said Osborn has created a consistent rotation that allows players to receive rest while giving full effort on the court. “They say the end of the season separates the best teams from the rest, so we definitely need to play our best.”

0
Agrayan Gupta, Ads/Business Editor

Hi, I'm Agrayan Gupta and this is my third year on the HiLite staff. I've previously served as a beats editor and sports editor and now am the ads editor....