Team has players advance to regional, hope for success at Semistate

Sophomore Harel Halevi prepares for practice. Halevi said that even after the school tournament season is over, many will still continue to train as part of the club season.

Sarah Kim

The Carmel Wrestling team placed first at the Regional tournament on Feb. 2.

Sophomore Harel Halevi discussed the happenings of the tournament.

“We were really happy with how Regionals ended up turning out. Everyone, besides one, advanced to Semistate so we are really excited.”

Head Coach Ed Pendowski explained his thoughts about the season.

“We have had a great season so far and we are so excited about all the successes we have had as a team. The players and coaches have put in a lot of work on the program which really contributes to those successes.”

Halevi explained what would happen after the end of the tournament season.

Once the tournament season is over, we would move on to the club season. There most of the rules and the structure is the same but it is not school sanctioned.” Halevi said.

0
Sarah Kim, Sports Reporter

Hi, I’m Sarah Kim! This is my first year on the Hilite Staff and I will be Sports Reporter. Outside of Hilite, I run cross country and track for the...