HOSA focuses on final preparations for SLC, meeting March 2

Elizabeth Guo, HOSA member and sophomore, looks at the HOSA website on Feb. 24. Guo said March will be her first time at SLC and that she is nervous for her test, but excited about the new experience.

According to club sponsor Jennifer Drudge, members of Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) will compete at the State Leadership Conference (SLC) from April 10 to 12. Depending on the time of their event(s), students will leave school by bus at 12:30 p.m. or 5 p.m.

Drudge also said that 140 students from this school are set to attend SLC and the club is finalizing hotel rooming arrangements. Additionally, HOSA will meet on March 2 to make sure members understand the plan for SLC and feel ready. 

Elizabeth Guo, HOSA member and sophomore, said this is her first time competing at SLC and that she has chosen CPR and Health Education as her events. According to Guo, she will have to take a test for CPR and complete a project for Health Education. 

Drudge said HOSA members can schedule times, beginning March 6, with leadership to practice presenting their projects.

“The HOSA leadership team is going to put together opportunities for students to present their projects, if they have some sort of a poster or some sort of presentation. So they get feedback from the leadership team before they submit it for the state competition.”