CHS cafeteria to change menu with advent of winter

With the school year nearing the winter months, the CHS cafeteria is planning to introduce small changes to its menu.

“I think we might have some small adjustments to our menu when the colder season comes,” Anne Marie Woerner, manager of the main cafeteria, said. “We’ll try to serve some more hot foods during the winter, and we’ll probably sell less ice cream. There probably won’t be any big changes to our entrees, but there might be some different sides.”

Some students such as sophomore Brian Duffy are looking forward to the changes in the menu but do no think they are completely necessary.

“I guess it will be nice to have some different food during lunch, but I don’t think changing the menu during the winter will do a lot,” Duffy said. “The school has really consistent air conditioning, so the temperature feels about the same as it does during the summer. I don’t think they need to change the menu just to accommodate the winter.”

Nevertheless, Woerner said she believes that changing the menu will be better for students, necessary or not.

“It’ll be nice for our students to eat something different, rather than the same thing the whole year,” Woerner said. “After a while, the food gets dull even if it’s really good because you keep on eating it over and over again.” By Jerry Xu <[email protected]>