Kids’ Corner seniors adjust to responsibility of teaching

CHS offers a class called Kids’ Corner where seniors have the chance to teach an actual preschool class. Kids’ Corner teacher Kimberly Lenzo supervises and makes sure the seniors are comfortable and confident teaching the young kids. She says she is proud of the students of both semesters so far.

According to Lenzo, this semester has a few more seniors than last semester, but it works out fine with the kids. She says this way the preschoolers get a little bit more attention. This semester has been great so far, and she says that she’s expecting the rest of the year to go just as well.

Each week the seniors pick a theme, from the ocean to dinosaurs and anything in between. Kid’s Corner senior Lauren Williams says, “The week’s themed activities and snacks all help to teach the kids school and life lessons in a fun way.”

The seniors also take roles in being the main teach of the week. This way, everyone gets a chance to be in charge, according to Lenzo.

Lenzo and the rest of the class are anticipating the rest of the year. Williams says she is glad she signed up for Kids’ Corner and is excited to teach the kids even more. By Olivia Weprich