Young Life Club meetings will resume next semester

Young Life Club had its last meeting of the semester on Nov. 22. Meetings will resume sometime second semester, but for now the date is undetermined. According to head sponsor Jake Van Asten, this break is a chance to start fresh for the remaining of the year before the Young Life Camp Castaway in the summer. Van Asten said that anyone who wishes to build a closer relationship with God during their high school years should think about attending the club once it resumes in January.

“Young Life is a place where people in the community can hear, reflect and experience the fullness of life that Jesus offers,” Van Asten said.

According to Meredith Baranowski, Young Life member and junior, one of the most appealing aspects about the club is its low-maintenance attendance schedule. Baranowski, who is involved in multiple extracurricular activities, said that Young Life emphasizes that students attend as many meetings as they can, but they are not pressured to regularly attend.

“It’s kind of on a daily basis, whether or not you’re going,” Baranowski said. “It’s no attendance necessary; it’s all completely voluntary. They just want you to come as much as you can.”