LifeLines prepares for Pre-Prom Awareness Week and officer elections

In preparation for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week events, Eric Cui, LifeLines officer and senior, passes out lanyards that remind students to make good decisions during their vacation. Cui said the lanyards will not only remind students to be aware during spring break, but also for Pre-Prom Awareness Week and any other events in their lives. ANNI ZHANG / PHOTO

LifeLines is scheduled to meet at 7:05 a.m. on April 24 in the community room. According to Theja Bhamidipati, LifeLines officer, events coordinator and senior, members will meet to discuss plans for Pre-Prom Awareness Week and the May officer elections.

“There are three positions for vice presidents and one for a president for the club,” Bhamidipati said. “The president will lead the meetings for the club and the vice presidents will help facilitate events and help regulate club activities.”

According to LifeLines sponsor Rebekah Overbey, specific events for Pre-Prom Awareness Week will be discussed at the April 24 meeting.

“Right now there is nothing certain but we are talking about maybe having a speaker or maybe a bake sale,” she said. “I was very pleased with the Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week events and am sure LifeLines will do a great job with prom events also.”