Media center provides resources, activities for new school year

With the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year, the media center begins several programs, including this year’s Rosie nominees. According to Bonnie Grimble, media center department chairperson, the media center will be offering more activities as the school year progresses.

She said, “The sponsor of WRAP and SRT book club retired, but we may have clubs like it in the future. We’re doing a promotion around the New Moon movie coming out in November.”

The media center also has on shelf the Rosie nominees, books high school students can vote for and nominate, for this year. The Rosie Book Award is a high school book award and a program Carmel has been participating in for twelve years.

The media center provides students with several resources outside of books. “We have computer resources as well as equipment such as the laminator,” said Megan Fettner, media center student aide and junior.

“Our function is three-fold,” said Grimble. ” Reading, information literacy and technology. We want to promote the value of pleasure reading, research and how to effectively use information.”