LifeLines prepares to ‘Buckle Down’

LifeLines is currently preparing for their events for the school year, including Red Ribbon week, “Courage to Choose” and “Buckle Down.”

LifeLines is a student group that attempts to help fellow students make better choices relating to life.

Austin Rader, LifeLines member and senior, said, “The main goal of LifeLines is to make students aware of the pivotal choices they will have to make and to help make the right ones. That would include: not drinking, not doing drugs, not texting while driving and buckling up.”

Sponsor Rebekah Overbey added that, “[LifeLines] focuses a lot on drinking and driving, and drugs.”

One major event for LifeLines that is coming up soon is the “Buckle Down” promotion.

Rader said of the promotion, “Buckle Down really deals with the growing problem of unsafe driving practices by high schoolers.”

On Oct. 9, there will be a raffle for a car that will be given away. The car is given by Hamilton County, and will be raffled to students of CHS, Westfield High School and North Central High School. The car giveaway will be started at the football game Oct. 9.

Many other future activities are also scheduled to occur. Such activities are Red Ribbon week, and “Courage to Choose.”

LifeLines will also have a major theme before winter break and spring break. Overbey said, “[LifeLines] will be really hitting hard on driving this year.”  By Shayan Ahmad <[email protected]>