K-8 mentors to continue meeting with mentees until end of the school year

Breana Davis, K-8 mentor and senior, studies during SRT. According to Robin Pletcher, K-8 mentoring and AP Psychology teacher, the mentors have been chosen for next year and the curriculum will not change.

tweet: K-8 mentors to continue meeting their assigned mentees until end of the year.

Breana Davis, K-8 mentor and senior, studies during SRT. According to Robin Pletcher, K-8 mentoring and AP Psychology teacher, the mentors have been chosen for next year and the curriculum will not change. tweet: K-8 mentors to continue meeting their assigned mentees until end of the year.

Da-Hyun Hong

According to Robin Pletcher, K-8 Mentoring and AP Psychology teacher, the mentors will continue to meet with their assigned students from the Carmel elementary and middle schools until the last Gold Day of the year. She said next year the curriculum and process of meeting the students won’t change.

“Mentors and mentees change, and the issues they deal with change, but how we prepare will stay pretty much similar,” Pletcher said.

For mentor and senior Breana Davis, the mentoring program was an opportunity to gain experience in the counseling and teaching field.

She said, “I eventually want to go into working in either pediatrics or some sort of like psychiatry or something so I was really interested in counseling in general.”

0

Da-Hyun Hong, Entertainment Editor

Hi, my real name’s Da-Hyun but I go by Michelle! This is my second year on the HiLite staff and I am an Entertainment Editor with Karen Zhang. In the past, I’ve been an Entertainment Reporter and a Beats Editor. Besides the numerous hours dedicated to HiLite, I like to spend my time dancing at Expressenz, playing the flute, watching YouTube videos and binging Netflix. Look to the right to see my work!