Carmel Dad’s Club practices to begin in the middle of November

Now that fall sports have come to an end, sophomore Tyler Novitski has signed up to play basketball for the Carmel Dad’s Club (CDC).

“I just like playing the game and being with my friends. It’s fun environment that’s not as competitive as the high school level,” Novitski said.

Although basketball registration closed Oct.17, there is still an opportunity to register. Interested participants can contact the CDC office by phone at 317-846-1663 or download a copy of the registration form and bring it in for processing.

Basketball will be divided into boys’ and girls’ teams. Also, a freshman-only league will be available in addition to the all high school teams. Practices should begin in the middle of November depending on the team and its coach, and the first games of the year will be held on Dec. 5.

According to Bethany Burchill, the athletics director of CDC, the fall league had 340 high school players just in soccer.  The CDC basketball league is just one of the opportunities for high school players to participate in.

More information about CDC can be found at http://www.carmeldadsclub.org/index.php. By Katie Norman