Lemonade Day to occur here on April 22

On April 22, students in fifth grade at West Clay Elementary School will come to this school to sell lemonade as part of the national Lemonade Day.

The primary objective of Lemonade Day is to teach children about entrepreneurship at an early age. The students at West Clay Elementary School have met with business executives to create business plans, in addition to many attempts of making the best lemonade possible for marketing and selling.

These students will have stations at all three cafeterias here: Greyhound Station, main cafeteria and freshman cafeteria. A cup of lemonade will range from 75 cents to one dollar, and only cash will be accepted. A portion of the proceeds will go to Methodist Children’s Hospital.

On May 1, other youth and children, accompanied by their parents, will set up lemonade stands within the Indianapolis area from 12 to 5 p.m. The Indianpolis branch of Lemonade Day launched in 2010, with over 7,000 participants that year. Find more information at: www.indianapolis.lemonadeday.org. By Melinda Song <[email protected]>