German Club to attend ‘Staatskongress’ on Feb. 16

The German Club’s next event will take place on Feb. 16 at Ball State University for the Staatskongress. The event features many German activities, and German Clubs all across the state attend and share about the progress of the club, according to club president Caroline Bundy.

Bundy said this schools’s German Club wins first for its scrapbook almost every year at Staatskongress.

“The scrapbook is basically pictures of all the events that we’ve done. It just shows the gist of what the German Club is like,” she said.

New to German Club this semester will be its co-sponsor Kelly Weaver alongside co-sponsor Laura King.

King said, “It’ll be nice to have someone else to come up with new suggestions and ideas for the club this semester.”

King also said she expects the club’s membership and activities to change.

“It’s all up to what students what to do. They can bring in their ideas. It’s really what they want to do; it really is a student organization. Students who were in fall sports who couldn’t make it now can make it, and those who could make it now have other commitments. So, I think the average of maintaining 30 (people) per event will be maintained, but I think the actual students we see will be a bit of a change,” she said.

Bundy said she hopes for many more exciting prospects for the club this semester, including a soccer tournament between students taking different languages.

“This semester will be more interactive with others. Students will be more active just because our events will cater to more people because of warmer weather. It’ll be much more fun,” Bundy said.