Health center to enhance clinic with mural, more color

According to nurse coordinator Kandyce Hardie, the next thing on the health center’s agenda is to add more color to the currently pallid health center.

Hardie said, “We just want to add more color because we’ve had several comments from our students saying that it’s just drabby in (the health center).”

The nurses have already started by decorating the walls with painted blue and gold crutches, but they are also currently looking for Carmel High School students to paint a mural on the half-wall in the health center. This, however, is still pending approval from Principal John Williams.

The nurse’s assistants—students who help the nurses in the health center each period—have also contributed ideas for sprucing up the health center.

Nurse’s assistant and senior Madison Stewart said, “In the Freshman Center by the library they have this big wall that the Drawing 1-2 students draw murals on. We could have something like that with the independent study art kids for our half-wall.”

According to Stewart, another way the nurses could add color and creativity to the health center is by getting permission from the art classes to hang artwork from CHS students in the health center.

In addition to more colors, Hardie said the nurses also want to add Carmel spirit to the health center.

Hardie said, “We just want to post some Carmel gear in our clinic just so that students know that they’re supported.” By Stephanie Zhang