GKOM connection session scheduled for Nov. 5

GKOMs are scheduled to have their next connection session on Nov. 5 during SRT to discuss ways for freshmen to get involved with the school, according to sponsor Jennifer Powell.

“This session the GKOMs will be meeting primarily to discuss clubs that the freshmen may be interested in joining but also to inform them about upcoming events in second semester,” Powell said.

Before each connection session, all of the GKOMs (approximately 240 juniors and seniors) meet in the auditorium to discuss what they will be talking about with their assigned SRT. There are five to six GKOMs assigned to each freshman SRT.

“Freshmen benefit from the sessions by getting a chance to interact with upper-classmen without feeling alienated or inferior, to ask questions about life

at Carmel High School and to make new friends,” GKOM and junior Mason Yao said via-email. “The GKOMs are here to make the freshmen not feel so isolated. If they ever just need someone to talk to, the GKOMs are here for them. It is a truly rewarding experience to connect with the freshmen.” By Lindsey Walker