Counseling Center implements new scheduling procedure for incoming freshmen

Starting this year the counseling center will begin a new process for class scheduling beginning with the current eighth grade classes. This new procedure will implement the PowerSchool system to schedule students online. Director of counseling Linda Skafish said that this new system will make scheduling much easier for counselors to schedule students more efficiently and accurately.

“For incoming freshmen there are much less courses to choose from so it will not be as complicated to schedule, versus to juniors who have much more options,” Skafish said.

Skafish said that for this year they plan on only using the PowerSchool program for one class just in case it is not successful. However, Skafish said she thinks this will eventually become the standard scheduling process in the future.

Senior Colleen Murphy said she thinks this is a great idea. She said this would be much easier than the current scheduling system. “I remember the scheduling process being very complicated and easy to mess up,” Murphy said. “Although it might be weird not having a counselor to help you fill (your schedule) out it sounds like it will be easy to get used to.” By Ellie Seta <[email protected]>