Media center to discuss “New Moon” Dec. 2

The media center has scheduled a book talk during SRT on Dec. 2. The book talk will discuss the movie “New Moon,” and will compare it to the book the movie was based on. Students may pick up SRT passes for the book talk at the media center.

Media tech manager Erin Thorpe said, “It will be a student-led discussion comparing and contrasting the book with the movie.”

According to Merysa Perez-Mohr, media center student aide and senior, middle school students may also participate in the book talk. Perez-Mohr attended a similar book talk last year involving the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and said, “We’ll be teleconferencing with the three middle schools and we will get to answer some of their questions about the book.”

According to Kelsey Campbell, media center student aide and senior, the media center also provides other resources and activities outside of books. She said, “Students can study here, and we have computer resources, fiction and nonfiction books and equipment such as cameras.” By Caroline Zhang <[email protected]>